Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Smile :D

     It feels so good to write again. No matter if no one reads it, if they don't agree with me, or think my sense of humor stupid. It just feels so good to put my thoughts here...because if I do say so myself, my thoughts are pretty awesome.
      So today I had a block-day gym class (1 1/2 hours), and it was rough like any other. We had to do a mile half sprinting, half walking, and then we had an Ultimate frisbee contest. I'm actually pretty accurate with my throws, and I wanted to show off my skills. But of course, like what always happens when I think I'm good at something, I embarrassed myself. Well, let me re-phrase that..I was embarrassed. It wasn't me embarassing myself, it was a boy on my team.
     Before we started every game he would pass it to me first(which in ultimate frisbee is a sign you are terrible). Then after we would loose possession, he would tell me to move around more or block this person. Block that person! And I would keep replying, "Um, okay. I'll do it, but only because I understand you are too busy telling everyone else what to do."
      I wasn't concerned with what he thought of me. He wasn't fond of me already; in the beginning of the year I sort of threw the ball so hard it hit him and he fell down. Apparently he was blind to the fact it was an amazing throw and I have massive strength...talk about holding a grudge, I think he's still angry at me for it. I should be angry at him! While people were paying attention to his falling down they missed my victory dance. He was completely exaggerating, I sware! Well, whats past is past...
     After gym, some people walked up to me and apologized for his behavior. Someone had not only noticed that he was being rude, but the prettiest and most popular girl in my gym class was apologizing..for him. I was so shocked by their kindness torward me- it was a leap from the snarky looks they usually give me.
     After that, I wanted to spread the kindness. I felt like kind of karma mixed with rainbow icecream and Coke. Us girls were all in the mirrors in the locker room, as we usually do after gym, and one girl was still there even after the bell had rung. I've known her for awhile-actually a really long time. Although we were never that close, I saw she was distressed. Walking over to her, she asked me how she looked. I said "Better than me! Long gym totally ruins my hair."
    "Me too! You are gorgeous though. I feel so fat! ugh. Can I borrow you sweatshirt? It's baggy right?"
     I felt terrible myself and was planning on wearing it already. Instead, I told her
    "You can wear it if you like, but I have a Better idea. Wanna hear my biggest secret to being 'gorgeuos'? You can look prettier than Megan Fox and Taylor Swift combined...have a positive attitude and show off your brilliant smile. Boys love that confidence and I'm pretty sure I read in a magazine that girls who are positive look 90% more beautiful."
      She smiled at the mirror, then at me, and laughed a little. Walking away from the mirror she grabbed her stuff and looked straight at me. "Thanks Lydia," she remarked in a grateful way, and I couldn't help but notice the new found pep in her step and the effervescent smile that stayed on her face her whole way out :)
                 

No comments:

Post a Comment