Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Urge

    Hola Amigos! I love checking back on my blog to see what I've previously written. I laugh at my own jokes and remember how funny I thought I was. My friends and I used to make these videos which we planned to put on YouTube and become internet stars. We would make funny infomercials for stupid things like 'Cenny Jaig, the all in one Become-more-fitter program' and 'huggies, someone to hug you when you are lonely.' Looking back on them, we weren't as funny as we though we were. Sure, then it was hilarious. But now....it just looks like two 13 year old girls who were bored out of their brains. I guess what you find funny changes and in someway stays the same as you grow up. Of course what I saw on Spongebob five years ago isn't exactly so interesting as whats on Modern Family today. But even when I re-watch the episodes that made me laugh, I still giggle. Those square pants, they just get me every time!
    So as you can see I re-did some of the settings. I changed my colors to kind of a peach&red look, and messed with the fonts. Maybe now with this makeover, I'll actually start writing again. I've been really wanting to write lately.
    I read a book awhile ago; it was about a group of sisters whom a man stalked- I'm not sure exactly how I came upon this really creepy story, but I did- and one day the man kidnaps the girl. Well, long story short (getting off topic should be my job), one of her sisters kept mentioning something called The Urge. She had The Urge often, when she was in a good mood and felt really artsy. She said she had The Urge to speak and liked to tell stories because she was to lazy to write them down. The sister explained everyone has something to urge for. Not like a need for love or a want for ice cream. But something everyone has inside them, a talent almost, that they need to share. Not everyone discovers their talent in their lifetime. And I think mine is writing.
   I'll be sitting in math class, so angry, so I rip out a paper and write down a poem. It makes me feel all gangster, like a rapper. If I'm writing about something that makes me mad, I just randomly bring up everything that angers me. If the subject is life, I'll go all out on a rant complete with Gandhi quotes and past tales from 'when I was a kid.' It explains why and how I get off topic, which I am doing right now. I had to change the title of this post four times; from "Makeover" to "My humor" to "Lectures on Life" to finally "The Urge." Because that's why I wrote this post. I had The Urge.
   I hope I left you with at least some sort of beneficial thought or at least in a good mood. Thanks for reading this till the end and not just leaving when I made a cheesy joke about Spongebob.
              Sincerely,
                       Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment